Education Bio at a Glance:
*** My overall experience comes mainly from my background in Early Childhood Education and with the Montessori Method. I have worked as a Lead Toddler Montessori Directress for two years now; managing a classroom size of up to 36 toddlers (ages 18 months-4.5 years old) and 4 assistants. Including being responsible for: classroom set up and regular lesson rotation, curriculum development, IEP’s for each child, child evaluations and parent teacher conferences, monthly parent education nights, and regular parent newsletters. I was also a teacher’s assistant in a Montessori classroom for over 2 yrs cumulative before that.
*** However, I also have more than 13 years of life experience working with ages: newborn (inc. preemie) to 16 years old–working as a full time live-in and live-out Governess/Nanny/House Manager/Personal Assistant with up to 4 children of varying ages at a time, although during play dates there were always more than 4!
*** I also have more than 18 years experience working specifically with: newborn/infants. 10 years of twin/multiples experience, and more than 18 years experience with special needs children, specifically: Asperger’s, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Sensory Integration, ADD, ADHD, and Down syndrome.
*** I’m have specialized experience and extensive training in: health/wellness & nutrition, with picky eaters, proactive sleep training (birth-age 12), potty training, positive discipline, conscious proactive parenting, creating fun and inspiring learning environments for children, tutoring, and incorporating education in an inviting and empowering way.
*** I am passionate about my work with children and enrichment is key! At a beginner/intermediate level, I enjoy teaching: piano lessons, violin lessons, guitar lessons, and swim lessons. I teach chess! I also enjoy facilitating Spanish, Sign Language and Hebrew (if applicable) enrichment.
***I own my own car and have been driving for over 15 years; have a valid driving license, and have more than 6 years experience driving in NYC metro and surrounding areas—including 13 years experience transporting other families children in areas including but not limited to: Atlanta, GA, Montana, Washington State, Ireland, London, Hawaii, Alabama, Florida, Australia, Canada, Bahamas, Anguilla, etc.
***I have a valid Passport and have traveled internationally many times with families as a Governess/Nanny/Tutor/Consultant. Including: London, Australia, Bahamas, Anguilla, Canada, Hawaii, and all over the 50 states.
Certifications & Continued Education (PDF Downloads):
- Fingerprinted by NYC DOI (Department of Investigations) – November 28, 2016
- Universal First Aid, CPR, and Fire Safety Certified – November 23, 2016
- Mandated Reporter Training – November 8, 2016
- Certificate of Completion: 1-2-3 Magic Train the Trainer Program – November 6, 2015
- Abundance and Prosperity Training Course Staff/Life Coach – Summer 2013
- Abundance and Prosperity Training Course Attendee – Graduated Summer 2012
- Personal Dynamics Staff/Life Coach – Summer 2011
- Board Certified Holistic Health Coach – January 17, 2011
- Personal Dynamics (Personal and Professional Effectiveness Training Course) Attendee – Graduated September 2010
- Certified Empowerment/Commitment Coach – Graduated July, 2010
- Montessori Continuing Education Cumulative Credits: 75 Credits – 2007-2009
- Attended Atlanta Montessori (Infant/Toddler) Teacher Education Course – 2007-2009
- Montessori Employee Training Record 2009 School Year – February 20, 2009
- Montessori Cont. Ed.: Respect in the Classroom – January 23, 2009
- AMS 2008 Fall Teacher Training Conference – November 16, 2008
- Montessori Cont. Ed.: Safety, Professionalism, and Mediation – October 13, 2008
- Montessori Employee Training Record 2008 School Year – October 13, 2008
- Montessori Educators of Alabama Spring Conference – April 5, 2008
- AMS 2008 Annual Teacher Training Conference – March 06, 2008
- Diamonds in the Rough Certified Parenting Training – November 8, 2007
- Language and Literacy Professional Development Training – June 7, 2007
- State of Georgia: Professional Daycare License – July 7, 2007
- Montessori Cont. Ed.: Early Math and Literacy – February 11, 2006
- Attachment Strategies for Children Who Have Experienced Early Adversity – November 14, 2005
- Spokane Falls Community College (Running Start Student): GPA 3.75 – 2003-2004
- North Central High School Diploma: GPA 3.30 – June 15, 2004
* More certificates coming soon
The Miss Megan Effect can increase the quality of life for your children and family!
The Miss Megan Effect can increase the quality of life for your children and family!Contact Miss Megan for a free consultation!